Learn Social Media Optimization
What is social media optimization?
Social Media Optimization comes under Social Media and it is a process that optimizes your social channels to get noticed. To know more about Social Media Marketing.
What are the Social Media Platforms & How brands use Social Media
Earlier, our main source of entertainment was limited to Radios, newspapers, and Television which were the only one way of communication and there was no source to socialize besides family get together in one place for some celebrations.
Then the internet came into the picture and everyone started using it for research. Then Google came and unlocked the doors of the World Wide Web, blogging, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram through which everyone started communication with each other.
Since we started spending too much time on social media sites regularly, the businesses decided to make their appearance online and establish themselves on social media platforms to get customer attention. Hence, Social Media Platforms helped everyone by allowing us to express and get connected with our friends and family.
The difficulty with businesses and social media:
This led to businesses spamming social media sites hence destroying the individual goal to these networks being a place to socialize. Businesses found a way to attract them by providing relevant content using inspiring stories they can connect with, instead of pushing their products or services onto the users.
Social Media allows businesses to:
- Build trust among customers
- Make us engage
- Getting connected with the public hence building brand awareness.
Origin of Social Media Optimization:
Earlier, people were optimizing their websites for Google Search Engine which is popularly known as Search Engine Optimization where before Social Media came into existence. But when Social Media Sites started by 2002, all businesses started optimizing their over various platforms like Facebook Pages, blogs, LinkedIn, etc by using the SEO’s same techniques.
Why Social Media Optimization a necessity for every business?
Social Media Optimization helps to increase brand awareness, building trust towards customers, get rank better on universal search results. Optimizing your Social Media Platforms helps with more clarity, opportunity to connect and interact with customers.
Difference Between Social Media Optimization & Search Engine Optimization
- Similar : When we compare with SEO, it is similar since its free, basic principles of SEO like keyword, searching for trends, title, description, tags, categories and content.
- Different: To respective platforms the content appealing from the customizable format.
Basics of Social Media Optimization for your business:
- Ensure your business profile is public and not private for the Google crawlers to be able to crawl your content
- Identify the platforms which are good for your business and know where your audience is to target them.
- Create content which can be easily shareable over all the social platforms.
- They should use appropriate content and customize the format according to the platform.
- You must understand and engage your audience by sharing or commenting.
- Keyword Research, Title tags, Meta Description, Caption, Alt Text, Tags, Categories, location, for every image, video, infographic, these SEO techniques must be used.